Wednesday, February 20, 2013

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP


Stina Rubio  asked me to do this <3 I asked the authors at the bottom of my questions~ <3 You ALL!
In this particular hop, I and my fellow authors, in their respective blogs, have answered 10 questions where you get to learn about our current work in progress as well as some insights into our process, from characters and inspirations to plotting and cover decisions. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!
 

1: What is the working title of your book?
At the moment, the one I find myself working most on is Dripping Evil, but I'm also working on The Arrivalof Passion and a short piece for an Anthology of modern Fairy tales, that doesn't have a title yet.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
Hmmm... I think I was watching a horror movie and I was thinking about writing something other than science fiction/ fantasy and it just kind of burst into my mind.

3: What genre does your book come under?
Dripping Evil is horror. There's no doubt about that. The Arrival of Passion falls under science fiction witha fantasy twist.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition
Honestly, I've never thought about it and I probably won't until all the pieces are finished, but Nicholas Cage can star in any movie for my books any day <3

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Dripping Evil: With an unknown killer on the loose, Sarah Nichols goes about her every day, or night, life, but when she is kidnapped, her life is turned upside down.
The Arrival of Passion: Dawn wanted to put the Roseians behind her and carry on with her neverending life, but is visited by unexpected guests, making the past impossible to forget.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
Ummm... A mixture of all three xD

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It took me three months to finish The Arrival of Dawn and will probably take that long for The Arrival of Passion and longer for Dripping Evil.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I wouldn't compare it to anything. I wouldn't compare one author to any other because each author, each book is different. How can I compare diamonds to rubies?

 9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
There are many people who inspired me to write my first book. I have to say that the people who inspired me the most were the ones who bullied me and said I couldn't do it. They were so angry when they found out I really did it. Other than them, I started a reading blog where I would interview and review other people's works. I've come to know and love so many other people and they encouraged me to go after my dream. I love you all and cannot thank you enough <3

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I honestly don't know what to tell you other than Dripping Evil is more mature audiences due to violence and adult situations. The Arrival of Dawn (Passion) is for YA and I won't be adding sex scenes no matter how many people beg! Sorry, guys xD

Below you will find authors who will be joining me by blog, next Wednesday. Do be sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on WIPs and New Releases! Happy Writing and Reading!

1.       Jamie Gibson

2.       Mira Garland

3.       Heather Kirchhoff

4.       Katie Marie Robbins

5.       Natasha Vahora

 

No comments:

Post a Comment